Windows & MacOS administration. Manage users, shared resources like drives, printers in a mixed environment
About This Video
- This course does not assume any expertise in networking or OS knowledge. We give you step by step instructions and in fact, we hand hold you through all the exercises together with you.
- Where most courses simply bombard you with dense theory and set you on your way, this course believes in developing a deep understanding of not only what you’re doing, but why you’re doing it. That’s why the focus is on building up your understanding for infinitely better results down the line.
Technologies and modern agile practices like cloud computing, DevOps and microservices are encouraging technical teams to pick the right tool for the right job. Rather than be fanatical about a particular platform or operating system, it’s more efficient and cost-effective to embrace all the tools at your disposal. Typically you will see some files servers or other network servers running Windows Operating system whereas the knowledge workers work with MacOS with productivity applications. These users need to access files and data across the network regardless of which platform it resides on. These users don’t care which platform the files and data are on. They need access. Do you know what it takes to make these two operating systems work together seamlessly within the same environment? This course teaches you how to deploy, Configure and manage your heterogeneous environment and implement interoperability mechanisms between your Windows computers and Active directory domains and MacOS PCs. The course will start with basics of interoperability challenges and then move deeper into details about different scenarios like:
- How to use network credentials to log in to your MacOS systems?
- How to enforce password policies across multiple systems?
- How to share hardware resources like shared drives and printers?
These IT skills are in high demand, but there is no easy way to acquire this knowledge. Rather than rely on hit and trial method, this course will provide you with all the information you need to get started with your interoperability requirements.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Welcome and Introduction
- Introduction to Interoperability between Windows and MacOS 00:01:48
- Course Overview 00:01:37
- Benefits of Interoperability 00:01:37
- Download Resources 00:00:30
- Get Ready For Interoperability between Windows and MacOS 00:00:34
Chapter 2 : Configure and Verify Windows and MacOS Interoperability
- Windows and MacOS Interoperability Introduction 00:00:38
- Windows and MacOS Interoperability Overview 00:01:36
- PreRequisites for Configuration 00:02:43
- Configuring Windows and MacOS 00:07:46
- Verify Network Connectivity 00:04:35
- Integrating MacOS to Windows Domain 00:06:38
- Unbind and Rebind MacOS to Windows Domain 00:03:00
- Verify Domain Configurations 00:08:08
Chapter 3 : User Registration and De-Registration Process
- User Registration and De-Registration Process Overview 00:00:49
- Provision New Windows Domain Users 00:04:35
- Verify Network Credentials 00:05:45
- User De-Registration 00:01:43
- Chapter 4 : Network Password Policy Management
- Chapter 5 : Network Shared Drives/Folders
- Chapter 6 : Print Service Management
Chapter 7 : Conclusion
- Thanks! (Bonus Lecture) 00:03:52
- Title: Networking: Interoperability between Windows and MacOS
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789950304