In this chapter you will learn:
- how small changes can improve your profit
- why cash is all important and how to control it
- how to keep track of regular payments like VAT, PAYE and Corporation Tax
- where to access more finance when you need it
- what to do to avoid running out of money
- how to find the most profitable activity in your business
- the discount myth
- your attitude to money
- the benefits of setting financial goals
- your next steps to managing your finances.
Ask any successful business owner about their most important responsibility and they’ll answer ‘managing finances’. As your business grows you may employ a bookkeeper, an accountant or even a financial director, but knowing how your business is doing ...