Time for action –Implementing session management for a web application
In this sample, we will create a simple Silverlight application and implement a basic session management for this application. A Silverlight application is a web-based application, and thus the techniques learned here can be applied to any other type of web application (for example, ASP.NET MVC or WebForms).
- Open SSMS and log in to your local .\SQLEXPRESS database server.
- Create a new database called SilverlightSample.
- Open Visual Studio and create a new project.
- Select Silverlight Application as the project template and call the project SilverlightSample, as shown in the following screenshot:
- When asked whether to host the Silverlight application in a new website, leave all the ...