The Nikon D5500 is a powerful new camera intended for amateurs
to semi-professionals who want to jump into photography with the
control and capabilities of a quality DSLR.
While the camera manual explains what the camera can do, it doesn’t show exactly how to use the camera to create great images! That’s where Nikon D5500: From Snapshots to Great Shots comes in. Starting with the top ten things users need to know about the camera, author Rob Sylvan carefully guides readers through the operating features. Readers get practical advice from a pro on which settings to use when, great shooting tips, and end of chapter assignments.
From Snapshots to Great Shots is a beautiful how-to photography series that provides the perfect blend of instruction, inspiration, and reference for specific camera models and photography concepts. Featuring a clear, elegant design; outstanding images that educate and inspire; and a friendly, accessible voice, this series helps photographers get great shots every time they pick up their camera.
The Nikon D5500 camera features include:
• 24MP DX format CMOS sensor, without OLPF
• EXPEED 4 processing
• ISO 100-25600 standard
• 5 fps burst continuous shooting
• 39 point AF system, 9 sensors cross type
• 2016 pixel RGB metering sensor
• 1080p60 video recording, built-in stereo mic
• 1.04M dot 3.2" vari-angle LCD monitor
• Built-in Wi-Fi
• The D5500's 24MP sensor lacks an anti-aliasing sensor, giving it an edge in terms of resolution for excellent quality pictures
• Weighs 14.8 oz
Improvements since the D5300 camera:
• Touch-sensitive rear LCD, 3.2in full articulation, with menu navigation, pinch zoom, adjust shooting parameters in live mode, 1.04M-dot resolution
• Deeper hand grip and better ergonomics
• Redesigned rear command dial and “Lv” live view toggle
• Video offers full 1080/60p resolution with a new 'flat' Picture control mode designed for post production