Stories in transforming ITIL® best practice into operational success – the second book of the series has arrived!
Fresh from tackling incidents, changes and problems in The ITSM Iron Triangle , Chris is back in this fantastic follow-up title.
High-performing IT organizations
High-performing IT organizations know success is more dependent on transforming behaviors than on the state of their technology. They've learned how to change behaviors as effectively as they change technology.
Your success depends on mastering the toughest task in business – transforming people's behavior.
Real hands-on experience
This innovative fictionalized narrative builds on real-life experiences of people just like you and the daily ITSM challenges you encounter. See how they:
- Dealt with situations where being right didn't mean success
- Survived management pressure as others were fired around them
- Built credibility in the face of doubt and mistrust from their peers
- Separated good advice from bad.
Read the book to learn from their mistakes and replicate their successes!
Ideal for newly trained ITIL practitioners
The narrative style of the book will help readers understand resistance to change and the lack of empathy that exists between IT and the business it supports. It illustrates through dialog the discovery of the value of ITIL processes and is an ideal book for newly trained ITIL practitioners, making for a great team discussion tool.
What others say
This book, '… ensures we understand the interpersonal aspects often overlooked as we focus on design and implementation of new tools and processes rather than change in behavior …
The use of a story to illustrate both ITIL process basics and the inherent implementation challenges makes this a powerful but quick, easy read.'
Susan Schellhase, itSMF USA member
This book will transform your career – buy it today!
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Don’t Fall Under the Bus
- Chapter 2: Strange Bedfellows
- Chapter 3: Don’t Confuse me with Facts
- Chapter 4: Blind me with Science
- Chapter 5: The Joy of Conflicts
- Chapter 6: Masters of the Universe
- Chapter 7: How Hard Can it Be?
- Chapter 8: Chow Fun
- Chapter 9: Help I Need Something
- Chapter 10: Don’t Peek Behind the Curtain
- Chapter 11: Know What you Don’t Know
- Chapter 12: A Fool With a Tool is Still a Fool
- Chapter 13: Boiling the Ocean, a Spoonful at a Time
- Chapter 14: Change is Hard
- Chapter 15: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
- ITG Resources
- Title: No One of Us is as Strong as All of Us: Services, catalogs and portfolios
- Release date: August 2012
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849284134