Follow along with Node.js expert Wasif Khalil and learn how to develop powerful Node.js applications in this video series course covering these ten topics:
- Node.js Basic Functionality. This second topic in the Node.js video series shows how to create a Node.js server. We explore the node lifecycle as well as requests to and responses from the server.
- Node.js Workflows and Error Handling. This third topic in the Node.js video series goes into detail on workflows and error handling. Learn about the Node Package Manager (NPM) and how we can use it. We explore global, 3rd party, and local packages. We will walk through a detailed example of packages, and also practice debugging a package.
- Express.js Overview. This fourth topic in the Node.js video series goes into detail on Express.js. Learn how to install and use Express.js. Practice using middleware and executing commands including Resquest, Response, and Next.
- Template Engines and Model-View-Controller(MVC) in Node.js. This fifth topic in the Node.js video series goes into detail on how to use templates and the Model-View-Controller(MVC) in Node.js.
- Working with NoSQL databases (MongoDB) using Node.js. This sixth topic in the Node.js video series goes into detail on how to insert, change, and retrieve data from the NoSQL database MongoDB using Node.js.
- Working with Relational Database using Sequelize in Node.js. This seventh topic in the Node.js video series explains how to use Sequelize, which is a promise-based ORM for Node.js and io.js. Although Sequelize supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite, and MSSQL, in this course we will only focus on MySQL.
- Creating a Login Page in Node.js. This eighth topic in the Node.js video series shows you how to create a login page in Node.js. Learn how to authenticate a user and identify which data a user can access (and which data they can’t access).
- Additional Functionalty in Node.js. This ninth topic in the Node.js video series explains more advance Node.js functionality, including how to upload files and handle errors. We also cover how to deal with asynchronous requests, promises, and callbacks.
- Deploying an Application in Node.js. This tenth topic in the Node.js video series explains how to deploy a Node.js application. Learn how to prepare an application for production, perform the migration into production, and then run the application in production.