Node.js has been helping developers build fast and data-intensive, real-world networking applications since 2009. Node.js’s clients include top companies such as PayPal, LinkedIn, Netflix, and Uber. This course will help you to build a solid foundation in Node.js fundamentals with the help of practical examples.
The course starts by introducing you to Node.js and then takes you through its installation. Next, you will get to grips with the NPM package manager, the Node.js API, asynchronous versus synchronous functions, HTTP response codes, and different types of Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME). You’ll also find out how to handle Ajax requests and explore different types of HTTP request methods. As you make progress, you’ll learn how to simplify web servers with Express and use Socket.io to build real-time chat messages and notifications. Towards the end, you’ll delve into session management, discover how to simplify sessions in Express, and understand the concepts of the MongoDB and templating engines.
By the end of this course, you’ll have become familiar with the basics of Node.js and developed the skills you need to modify the Document Object Model (DOM) confidently.
What You Will Learn
- Understand Node.js and its libraries
- Manage Ajax requests and Extensible Markup Language (XML) data in Node.js
- Get to grips with basic routing in Express
- Build real-time chat messages and notifications using Socket.io
- Discover how to connect your application to MongoDB
- Find out how to set up Mustache with Express
About The Author
Eduonix Learning Solutions: Eduonix learning Solutions is a premier training and skill development organization which was started with a vision to bring world class training content, pedagogy and best learning practices to everyone's doorsteps . Eduonix aims to identify and provide the best learning and training environment. It identifies industry veterans and content creators around the globe and bring it to the global audience using number of intuitive platforms for easy and affordable access to quality content. Eduonix offers easy to understand online courses and workshops for everyday people. If you have ever wanted to learn a new skill, but don't want to attend four years of college to do it, we have a solution for you.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Serving Files with Node.js
- Chapter 3 : Real-Time HTTP Request with Ajax
- Chapter 4 : Simplifying Web Servers with Express
- Chapter 5 : Real-time Chat Messages and Notifications with Socket.io
- Chapter 6 : Sessions with Express
- Chapter 7 : Using MongoDB with Node.js
- Chapter 8 : Templating with Express
- Title: Node.js from Ground Up for Beginners
- Release date: November 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781800563896
You might also like
Node.js: Novice to Ninja
Node.js: Novice to Ninja is your hands-on guide to learning everything needed to build a professional …
Node.js - The Complete Guide
Node.js is one of the most popular and modern server-side programming languages and is used widely …
Node.js Web Development
Build scalable web applications using Node.js, Express.js, and the latest ECMAScript techniques, along with deploying applications …