Chapter 6. Connect and Express in depth
This chapter covers
- Understanding what Connect and Express are for
- Using and creating middleware
- Creating and configuring an Express application
- Using key Express techniques for error handling, rendering views, and forms
- Using Express architectural techniques for routes, REST APIs, and authentication
In chapter 3, you saw how to build a simple Express application. This chapter provides a more in-depth study of Express and Connect. These two popular Node modules are used by many web developers. This chapter shows you how to build web apps and REST APIs with the most commonly used patterns.
The concepts discussed in the following section are directly applicable to ...