Chapter 9. Testing Node applications
This chapter covers
- Testing logic with Node’s assert module
- Using other assertion libraries
- Using Node unit-testing frameworks
- Simulating and controlling web browsers using Node
- Getting more details when tests fail
As features are added to your application, the risk of introducing bugs is increased. An application isn’t complete if it’s not tested, and because manual testing is tedious and prone to human error, automated testing has become increasingly popular with developers. Automated testing involves writing logic to test your code, rather than running through application functionality by hand.
If the idea of automated testing is new to you, think of it as a robot doing all of the boring stuff ...