Video Description"Very good, very appropriate for the beginner audience."
- Working with asynchronous functions, with callbacks and Promises
- Using packages from the Node Package Manager (NPM)
- Building command line programs using Node.js
- Using Express.js to scaffold a Web Application
- Interacting with SQL and other databases
- Using WebSockets for real-time communication
- Tips and tricks for deploying Node.js applications to production
PJ Evans has been an enthusiastic coder since 1981. One of his applications, an online collaborative suite, is used by an estimated 150,000 users daily.
Easy to follow tutorial with engaging commentary.
A very informative course with helpful code examples, easy-to-follow walkthroughs of logic behind NodeJS, and a good pace to keep you engaged but able to follow along.
Table of Contents
- NODE ON THE COMMAND LINE
- BUILDING WEB APPLICATIONS WITH NODE
BUILDING BETTER WEB APPS WITH EXPRESS
- Model, View, Controller 00:08:34
- Using MVC with Express 00:08:14
- Converting "Hello, World!" to Express MVC 00:09:09
- Adding Functionality in Express MVC 00:07:31
- Using Remote APIs with Express 00:07:31
- Using AJAX 00:09:16
- User Authentication Using Middleware 00:09:29
- User Management 1: Improving the Model 00:06:42
- User Management 2: Controllers and Views 00:09:58
- Sending Emails 00:05:50
- REST APIs 00:06:58
- NODE IN THE REAL WORLD
- Title: Node.js in Motion
- Release date: June 2018
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: None