- Schematic of fuel cell
- Basic characteristics of fuel cell
- Hydrogen–oxygen fuel cell and performance
- Schematic and working of different types of fuel cell
- Sources of overvoltage in a fuel cell
- Fuels for fuel cells
- Series–parallel connection of fuel cell
A fuel cell is a device that converts the chemical energy from a fuel into electricity through a chemical reaction with oxygen or another oxidizing agent. A fuel cell consists of two electrodes, namely an anode and a cathode. Anode is positively charged and cathode is negatively charged in an electrolytic cell. The reactions that produce electricity take place at the electrodes. Every fuel has an electrolyte, which carries electrically charged particles from ...