Learn how to do data modeling for NoSQL applications, including document, column, key-value, and graph databases. This video series contains eight clips:
- Data Modeling Basics. This first video in the series explains data modeling, covers the benefits, and provides an overview to the traditional data modeling process.
- Why NoSQL? This second video in the series explores the trends that have led to non-relational databases in the marketplace, including those driven by Amazon and Google. Learn how Velocity, Volume, and Variety have changed the data store landscape over the last few years. We cover the benefits of NoSQL, discuss the types of NoSQL databases, and contrast NoSQL with relational including ACID vs. BASE.
- NoSQL Data Modeling. This third video in the series covers how to do data modeling for NoSQL, using an agile approach. The Agile Manifesto is discussed, along with the Hackolade methodology which recommends an iterative approach combining modeling with workflow analysis and screen design. The Domain-Driven Design (DDD) approach to scoping applications (bounded context) is recommended.
- Document Data Modeling. This fifth video in the series covers the guiding principles for modeling documents. Denormalization patterns are explained, and the concepts of inheritance and entity-attribute value are explored. The tradeoffs in embedding verses referencing are presented. Document design optimization strategies are also covered.
- Graph Data Modeling. This sixth video in the series covers the guiding principles for modeling graphs. Graph concepts and terminology are explained, along with the different variations in graph implementations.
- Column-family Data Modeling. This seventh video in the series covers the guiding principles for modeling column-family databases, including HBase and Cassandra.
- Data Modeling with Hackolade. This eighth video in the series provides an overview to the Hackolade data modeling tool.
- Title: NoSQL Data Modeling using an Agile Approach
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634624596