Now let’s put all these tools together into an example. You will perform an edit to the imported CD track while audio is playing:
1. Choose the Object Selection tool in the project toolbar. (See Figure 5.7.)
2. Start playback (spacebar).
3. Enable Auto-Scroll (F). The audio waveform will start moving behind the cursor.
4. Click the Suspend Auto-Scroll button.
5. Hold the Alt key. The mouse pointer will change to a pair of scissors, the Cutting tool. You will only see this Cutting tool when you are over an audio or MIDI event in the project window.
6. Click anywhere on the audio event. The event ...