The aim of this book is to give a broad overview of the TLM (Transmission Line Matrix) method, which is one of the "time-domain numerical methods". These methods are reputed for their significant reliance on computer resources. However, they have the advantage of being highly general.
The TLM method has acquired a reputation for being a powerful and effective tool by numerous teams and still benefits today from significant theoretical developments. In particular, in recent years, its ability to simulate various situations with excellent precision, including complex materials, has been demonstrated.
Application examples are included in the last two chapters of the book, enabling the reader to draw conclusions regarding the performance of the implemented techniques and, at the same time, to validate them.
1. Basis of the TLM Method: the 2D TLM Method.
2. 3D Nodes.
3. Introduction of Discrete Elements and Thin Wires in the TLM Method.
4. The TLM Method in Matrix Form and the Z Transform.
Appendix A. Development of Maxwell's Equations using the Z Transform with a Variable Mesh.
Appendix B. Treatment of Plasma using the Z Transform for the TLM Method.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: Basis of the TLM Method: the 2D TLM Method
- Chapter 2: 3D Nodes
- Chapter 3: Introduction of Discrete Elements and Thin Wires in the TLM Method
Chapter 4: The TLM Method in Matrix Form and the Z Transform
- 4.1. Introduction
- 4.2. Matrix form of Maxwell’s equations
- 4.3. Cubic mesh normalized Maxwell’s equations
- 4.4. The propagation process
- 4.5. Wave-matter interaction
- 4.6. The normalized parallelepipedic mesh Maxwell’s equations [LOU 04]
- 4.7. Application example: plasma modeling [MOU 06]
- 4.8. Conclusion
- Title: Numerical Analysis in Electromagnetics: The TLM Method
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781848213913
You might also like
Elementary Linear Algebra, 11th Edition
gives an elementary treatment of linear algebra that is suitable for a first course for undergraduate …
Let's face it: most students don't take calculus because they find it intellectually stimulating. It's not …
Effective Python: 90 Specific Ways to Write Better Python, 2nd Edition
Updated and Expanded for Python 3 It’s easy to start developing programs with Python, which is …
Data Structures and Algorithms in Python
Based on the authors' market leading data structures books in Java and C++, this textbook offers …