In these LiveLessons, Jiva DeVoe covers the advanced features of the Objective-C language. Viewers will learn how to use blocks, use categories to extend the capabilities of existing classes, use keyvalue coding and keyvalue observing, use threading to harness the power of multiprocessor and multicore machines, understand design patterns e commonly used in Objective-C, and how to serialize and deserialize objects to property lists and to JSON strings. Finally, the video covers best practices for programming clean code in Objective-C. When viewers have completed these lessons, they will have an understanding of the necessary aspects of Objective-C that are needed to begin writing applications using cocoa and cocoa touch.
About the Author:Jiva DeVoe is the founder of Random Ideas, LLC, a software company specializing in iPhone and Mac OS X applications. Heâs an author, blogger and software developer with nearly 20 years of experience in the software industry. Today, Jiva works primarily with Objective-C, Cocoa and Cocoa Touch, developing applications for the iPhone and Mac OS X. Jiva has written several award winning apps and is the author of Objective-C Developer Reference and Cocoa Touch for iPhone OS 3 Developer Reference. Contact Jiva through his blog at www.random-ideas.net.
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1: Blocks
- Lesson 2: Extending Existing Class Capabilities
- Lesson 3: Key Value Coding and Key Value Observing
- Lesson 4: Threads
- Lesson 5: Objective-C Design Patterns
- Lesson 6: Data Serialization
- Lesson 7: Objective-C Best Practices
- Title: Objective-C Advanced Programming LiveLessons (Video Training)
- Release date: January 2012
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 9780133364378