In this chapter you will learn to
• 053.18.1 Create a Job, Program, and Schedule
• 053.18.1 Use a Time-Based or Event-Based Schedule for Executing Scheduler Jobs
• 053.18.1 Create Lightweight Jobs
• 053.18.1 Use Job Chains to Perform a Series of Related Tasks
• 053.19.1 Create Windows and Job Classes
• 053.19.2 Use Advanced Scheduler Concepts to Prioritize Jobs
There will be many occasions when you as DBA, or your users, need to automate the scheduling and running of jobs. These jobs could be of many kinds—for example, maintenance work, such as database backups; data loading and validation routines; report generation; collecting optimizer statistics; or executing business processes. The Scheduler is a facility ...