In this chapter you will learn to
• 052.17.1 Describe and Use Methods to Move Data (Directory Objects, SQL*Loader, External Tables)
• 052.17.2 Explain the General Architecture of Oracle Data Pump
• 052.17.3 Use Data Pump Export and Import to Move Data Between Oracle Databases
• 053.16.2 Describe the Concepts of Transportable Tablespaces and Databases
• 053.16.1 Manage Resumable Space Allocation
• 053.16.3 Reclaim Wasted Space from Tables and Indexes by Using the Segment Shrink Functionality
There are many situations where bulk transfers of data into a database or between databases are necessary. Common cases include populating a data warehouse with data extracted from transaction processing ...