In this chapter, you will learn to
• 061.3.1 Describe Various Types of Functions Available in SQL
• 061.3.2 Use Character, Number, and Date Functions in SELECT Statements
• 061.4.1 Describe Various Types of Conversion Functions That Are Available in SQL
• 061.4.2 Use the TO_CHAR, TO_NUMBER, and TO_DATE Conversion Functions
• 061.4.3 Apply Conditional Expressions in a SELECT Statement
The functions discussed in this chapter are commonly used built-in PL/SQL programs, packaged and supplied by Oracle. Some operate on numeric, date, and character data, while others convert ...