Configuring the Database for Backup and Recovery
• 126.96.36.199 Identify the Types of Failures that Can Occur in an Oracle Database
• 188.8.131.52 Tune Instance Recovery
• 184.108.40.206 Identify the Importance of Checkpoints, Redo Log Files, and Archive Log Files
• 220.127.116.11 Configure ARCHIVELOG Mode
• 18.104.22.168,22.214.171.124 Configure the Fast Recovery Area
• 126.96.36.199 Configure Control Files and Redo Log Files for Recoverability
This chapter summarizes what can go wrong in an Oracle database and the steps necessary to ensure that data will never be lost. This requires an understanding of the instance recovery mechanism ...