Answers to Domain Review Questions
Domain 1 – Security and Risk Management
- Within the realm of IT security, which of the following combinations best defines risk?
- Threat coupled with a breach
- Threat coupled with a vulnerability
- Vulnerability coupled with an attack
- Threat coupled with a breach of security
A vulnerability is a lack of a countermeasure or a weakness in a countermeasure that is in place. A threat is any potential danger that is associated with the exploitation of a vulnerability. The threat is that someone, or something, will identify a specific vulnerability and use it against the company or individual. ...