B. SCREENING AND EARLY DETECTION
27. Which of the following statements is accurate regarding prostate-specific antigen (PSA)?
- PSA screening for prostate cancer is controversial.
- All men with prostate cancer secrete PSA.
- PSA is the primary screening method for prostate cancer.
- A PSA greater than 2 ng/ml is the threshold for performing biopsies to diagnose prostate cancer.
28. The most widely used screening programs have been for the early detection of:
- Breast and cervical cancer
- Breast and colon cancer
- Colon and cervical cancer
- Breast and prostate cancer
29. Nurses must communicate to patients about the accuracy of screening tests. Which of the following attributes is correct?
- The sensitivity of a screening test is its ability to detect those ...