H. END-OF-LIFE CARE
160. Which of the following grief reactions of an elderly woman who has lost her husband of 40 years to lung cancer would prompt the hospice nurse to suggest counseling?
- She takes out 40 years’ worth of photograph albums and wants to review her marriage and life with her deceased husband with the hospice nurse.
- She refuses to let her sister and brother-in-law into her home anymore, blaming them for buying her husband cigarettes “all those years.”
- She plans her husband’s funeral by herself, listens to all his favorite classical music pieces, and chooses passages from his Bible.
- She delegates all the responsibility for the funeral and disposition of her husband’s belongings to the children.
161. While describing her sadness ...