G. TARGETED THERAPY
188. Proteins found or expressed on the cell membrane that serve as a bridge between an extracellular and intracellular environment are called:
- Growth factor receptors
- Growth factor ligands
189. Allen has non-small cell lung cancer and has begun treatment with gefitinib (Iressa), an epidermal growth factor receptor–tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Which of the following is considered to be a common side effect of this treatment?
- Skin rash
190. Monoclonal antibodies interfere with cell membrane-bound targets by which of the following mechanisms?
- Activating ligand receptor and antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity
- Blocking complement-mediated cytotoxicity activation ...