H. VASCULAR ACCESS DEVICES
219. Following administration of cyclophosphamide and fluids via an implanted port, your patient complains of chills, which she states she has had in the past after her chemotherapy. You take her temperature and note a slight elevation. The best subsequent nursing action would be:
- Let her go home and instruct her to call with any temperature elevation.
- Notify the doctor and prepare to draw blood cultures.
- Keep her for 2 more hours, and then recheck her temperature.
- Vigorously flush the catheter to avoid thrombus formation.
220. Which of the following skin disinfection solutions has been found to provide the best protection against central venous catheter colonization in hospitalized patients?
- 2% aqueous chlorhexidine ...