E. PALLIATIVE CARE CONSIDERATIONS
159. While caring for a terminally ill patient who is receiving high doses of opioids, you notice nocturnal myoclonus. Which of the following constitutes an appropriate therapeutic intervention?
- Rotate to another opioid.
- The opioid dose should be reduced.
- Naloxone should be given to reverse the opioid effect.
- Change the opioid, reduce the dose, and add a benzodiazepine.
160. A patient asks you to explain what palliative care means. You explain that:
- Palliative care is focused only on physical symptoms of patients.
- Palliative care is focused only on psychosocial symptoms of patients.
- Palliative care is focused on improving quality of life for both the patient and the family, with a focus on both physical and ...