1. The most common cancer associated with disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) is:
- Pancreatic cancer
- Small cell lung cancer
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL)
- Chronic myelogenous leukemia
2. The symptoms of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) seem paradoxical because:
- DIC may be both the cause and effect of malignancy.
- Thrombosis and hemorrhage may occur simultaneously.
- Both platelet function and platelet numbers are implicated in DIC.
- Patients may experience fever at the same time their bodies are hypothermic.
3. The most common cause of acute disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) associated with cancer is:
- Tumor products
4. Which of the following ...