A. CULTURAL, SPIRITUAL, AND RELIGIOUS DIVERSITY
1. Respect for cultures other than one’s own and for people’s specific beliefs and behaviors that emanate from their cultural background is known as:
- Cultural sensitivity
- Developing rapport
2. As you plan your interventions for assisting a family on the imminent death of a loved one, you consider the following approach in your plan of care:
- You will assess their coping mechanisms during a family conference after the patient’s death.
- You will review the patient and family assessment after the patient’s death to discern what is important for the family and determine their needs.
- You will be aware of the family’s cultural, social, and religious requirements related ...