72. According to research, the ability to conceive or father a child after stem cell transplantation is most likely to be related to which of the following?
- Initial treatment for the cancer
- Whether or not total body irradiation is used
- The use of colony-stimulating factors
- The presence of graft-versus-host disease
73. Your patient, Melissa, is beginning her treatment for osteogenic sarcoma and is concerned that the chemotherapy and radiation therapy might cause congenital abnormalities in her future offspring. An appropriate response would include which of the following?
- Explain that she should be thinking about her own situation instead of dwelling on what might never be.
- Explain that this is a legitimate concern, and reassure ...