The Session Service in OpenSSO is one of the core components that serves as a backbone for the rest of the components to work together for delivering the supported features. It tracks a user's interaction with web applications through the use of session data structures, session tokens, cookies, and other objects. This section attempts to explain some of these concepts and other components of a user's session and properties. Some of the key functions of the Session Service are:
- Create unique session identifiers and maintain session states
- Manage the session life cycle (create, delete, timeout)
- Manage session persistence and high availability
- Secure the session properties
- Enforce session constraints
The term SSO has multiple meanings ...