Chapter 5. Viewing Transformations, Culling, Clipping, and Feedback
After reading this chapter, you’ll be able to do the following:
• View a three-dimensional geometric model by transforming it to have any size, orientation, and perspective.
• Understand a variety of useful coordinate systems, which ones are required by OpenGL, and how to transform from one to the next.
• Transform surface normals.
• Clip your geometric model against arbitrary planes.
• Capture the geometric result of these transforms before displaying them.
Previous chapters hinted at how to manipulate your geometry to fit into the viewing area on the screen, but we give a complete treatment in this chapter. This includes feedback, the ability to send it back ...