Time for Action – executing code in the Console
alert() function to display an alert.
- Open up Firefox. It doesn't matter at this point what website (if any) that you go to, since we will be writing a stand alone code.
- Open up Firebug by clicking on the Firebug icon. Go to the Console panel. If it is not enabled, enable it.
- Now, at the bottom of your screen you'll see an area where you can enter code, designated by >>>. Clicking anywhere after that will allow you to enter the code.
- Type in the following code, and then hit Enter.
alert('Narwhals like bacon');
- You should see an alert box pop up with the text
Narhwals like bacon (or whatever string ...