In this Optimizing Java training course, expert author Doug Hawkins will teach you how to optimize your Java code with HotSpot. This course is designed for users that already have experience with Java.
You will start by learning about the anatomy of a compiler, then jump into Java bytecode. From there, Doug will teach you about the HotSpot execution lifestyle, including general VM tricks, triggering the JIT, and tiered compilation. This video tutorial also covers JITs, such as peephole and local optimizations, global optimizations, and concurrency implications. Finally, you will learn about speculative optimizations, including uncommon traps and de-virtualization.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will have learned how to optimize your Java code with HotSpot.
Table of contents
- Getting Started
- What Does A Compiler Do?
- Java Bytecode
- Hotspot Execution Lifecycle
JITs: The Real Java Compilers
- Peephole And Local Optimizations 00:06:41
- Peephole And Local Optimizations Demo 00:10:41
- Global Optimizations 00:08:14
- Data Dependence And Static Single Assignment 00:09:14
- More Applications Of SSA 00:07:11
- Concurrency Implications 00:10:51
- Types In Compilers 00:07:33
- Back To Something Real 00:07:03
- Inter-Procedural Optimization 00:07:58
- Revisiting Performance Mysteries 00:08:48
- Speculative Optimizations
- Other Things To Think About
- Course Wrap-Up 00:02:55
- Title: Optimizing Java
- Release date: November 2015
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771374866
You might also like
With any comprehensive, large-scale programming language, if you’re not careful during your development processes, you can …
Performance tuning is an experimental science, but that doesn’t mean engineers should resort to guesswork and …
Java Performance, 2nd Edition
Coding and testing are generally considered separate areas of expertise. In this practical book, Java expert …
Modern Java in Action
Manning's bestselling Java 8 book has been revised for Java 9 and 10! In Modern Java …