Best Shopping Practices
In This Chapter
- From the farm to the marketplace
- Defining organic foods and products
- Examining the role of additives in food
- Unraveling genetically modified organisms
- What’s all the buzz about sustainable farming?
- How to select safe and healthy foods
With every purchase you make at the grocery store, you’re supporting an industry. Industry practices vary greatly between each farmer or rancher and whether or not they’re classified as an organic or a conventional facility. These businesses that bring food to the marketplace can impact the environment and the safety of your food.
In this chapter, we’ll learn ...