Chapter 4. Report Layout Template
When creating a report using Oracle BI Publisher 11g, the report has two main components—the Data Model and the Layout Template. In this chapter, we will see:
- How to add a layout to a report
- Which are the options available when choosing Layout Template types
- Output types for a report.
Add a Report Layout Template
There are a few steps that you need to follow to add a Layout Template:
- Save the created Data Model: After creating the Data Model structure for a report, it should be saved for further use in the report creation phase.
As you can see in the following screenshot, a new object is added to the desired Catalog folder:
- Save a sample data: Sample XML data is needed in the layout design phase. On the XML output ...