Sample processing of an analysis
When business users log in to Presentation Services and execute one of the analyses, some processing steps are executed in the background. We’re going to cover these steps in this recipe.
- Web client runs the analysis to display the result set.
- Presentation Services builds the logical SQL statement and forwards this statement to the BI server.
- The BI server converts the statement to a physical SQL statement and executes it on the database.
- The database server generates the result set and sends it to the BI server.
- The BI server forwards the result set to Presentation Services.
- Presentation Services displays ...