This book offers a comprehensive guide for the Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer Exam. It starts by answering frequently asked exam questions followed by full coverage of exam topics with numerous programming and real-world examples.
Each chapter ends with practice exam questions and a quick summary that reviews key concepts covered in the chapter from the OCPJP exam perspective. The book ends with a full-length, mock exam to ensure you have enough practice before actually taking the exam.
If you are an OCPJP 8 exam aspirant, this book is certainly for you. The book assumes you’re already familiar with Java fundamentals, which is in keeping with the prerequisite for having a OCAJP 8 certification.
You’ll enjoy reading Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer Exam 1Z0-809 because of its clear, simple language; example driven approach; easy-to-read style; and complete focus on the exam requirements.
A few of the key features of the book include:
Table of contents
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Reviewer
Chapter 1: The OCPJP 8 Exam: FAQ
Details About the Exam
- FAQ 3. OCAJP 8 certification is a prerequisite for OCPJP 8 certification. Does that mean that I have to take the OCAJP8 exam before I can take the OCPJP8 exam?
- FAQ 4. How does the OCPJP 8 exam differ from the older OCPJP 7 exam?
- FAQ 5.Should I take the OCPJP8 exam or earlier versions such as the OCPJP 7 exam?
- FAQ 6. What kinds of questions are asked in the OCPJP 8exam?
- FAQ 7. What does the OCPJP 8 exam test for?
- FAQ 8. I’ve been a Java programmer for the last five years. Do I have to prepare for the OCPJP 8 exam?
- FAQ 9. How do I prepare for the OCPJP 8 exam?
- FAQ 10. How do I know when I’m ready to take the OCPJP 8 exam?
- Taking the Exam
Chapter 2: Java Class Design
- Overriding Methods in Object Class
- Singleton and Immutable Classes
- Using the “static” Keyword
Chapter 3: Advanced Class Design
- Abstract Classes
- Using the “final” Keyword
- Flavors of Nested Classes
- Enum Data Type
- Lambda Functions
Chapter 4: Generics and Collections
- Creating and Using Generic Classes
- Create and Use Collection Classes
- Comparable and Comparator Interfaces
- Collection Streams and Filters
- Iterate Using forEach
- Method References with Streams
- Understanding the Stream Interface
- Filtering a Collection
- Chapter 5: Lambda Built-in Functional Interfaces
- Chapter 6: Java Stream API
- Chapter 7: Exceptions and Assertions
Chapter 8: Using the Java SE 8 Date/Time API
- Understanding Important Classes in java.time
- Using the TemporalUnit Interface
- Dealing with Time Zones and Daylight Savings
- Formatting Dates and Times
- Flight Travel Example
Chapter 9: Java I/O Fundamentals
- Reading from and Writing to Console
- Using Streams to Read and Write Files
- Points to Remember
- Chapter 10: Java File I/O (NIO.2)
Chapter 11: Java Concurrency
- Creating Threads to Execute Tasks Concurrently
- Threading Problems
- Using java.util.concurrent.atomic Package
- Use java.util.concurrent Collections
- Using Callable and ExecutorService Interfaces
- Use Parallel Fork/Join Framework
- Points to Remember
- Use Parallel Streams
- Chapter 12: Building Database Applications with JDBC
- Chapter 13: Localization
- Chapter 14: Mock Exam
- Title: Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 Programmer Exam 1Z0-809: A Comprehensive OCPJP 8 Certification Guide
- Release date: January 2016
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484218365
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
OCP Oracle® Certified Professional Java® SE 8 Programmer II
Complete, trusted preparation for the Java Programmer II exam OCP: Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 8 …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …