Handling Oracle Sequences
Although GoldenGate supports the replication of Oracle Sequence values, there are a number of issues we need to be aware of. For example, GoldenGate will support replication using the following methods:
- Change Data Capture (CDC).
- Batch processing where checkpoints are not maintained. This is dependent on the
SPECIALRUN parameter exiting in the Replicat parameter file.
- But the following are not supported:
- Initial loads where the source data is derived from the source tables and not the redo logs, so the sequence values are not extracted.
- Bi-directional environments. The database sequences must generate values on the target database independent to the source. However, in a cascade environment,
GETAPPLOPS must be enabled on ...