In the previous pages, you might have noticed that the Node Manager is being used for several tasks. So, what is the Node Manager and how is it being used?
You can use Node Managers to:
- Start, shut down, and restart an Administration Server
- Start, shut down, suspend, and restart Managed Servers
- Automatically restart the Administration and Managed Servers on failure
- Monitor servers and collect log data
- Run on the same computers as the Managed Servers
- Can be run automatically in the background, as Windows services or UNIX daemons
- Are available as either Java-based, or script-based processes (for UNIX only)
In fact, the Node Manager is an O/S running process which acts like a watchdog over your WebLogic Server; the Node Manager ...