Chapter 7. Stability and Performance
In this chapter we will cover the following recipes:
- Limiting the log disk usage
- Rotating the STDOUT logfile
- Turning off the domain logging
- Enabling Linux HugePages
- Configuring the transaction (JTA) timeouts
- Choosing the JRockit garbage collection mode
- Tuning thread concurrency with default work managers
- Tuning the application thread concurrency with custom work managers
- Limiting the JMS Queue consumers
This chapter is about WebLogic Server stability and performance, but most of the recipes are focused on stability.
For the WebLogic Administrator, stability should come first in the priority list of objectives. It is improbable that an unstable system achieves sufficient performance.
This chapter provides simple ...