58 OS/2 to Linux Client Transition
7. On the Connection parameters panel (Figure 2-16), select Stupid mode
(recommended) to let the program negotiate the connection. Then, click Next.
Figure 2-17 Connection parameters
8. On the last panel, click Finish.
9. Click No if you are asked to configure the mail. Then the configuration is
To connect, follow these steps:
1. Right-click over the kinternet icon on the toolbar.
2. Select Interface -> ppp0.
3. On the next panel, select Provider -> IBM.
4. On the last panel, click Dial-up to start the call.
The configuration is stored in the form of several files, one per provider, in the
/etc/sysconfig/network/providers directory. Figure 2-18 shows the file that
corresponds to the provider that was just created.