Millions of people suffer from various types of anxiety-related disorders, including generalized anxiety disorder, social phobias, panic disorder, agoraphobia, OCD, PTSD, and others. Idiot's Guides: Overcoming Anxiety, Second Edition helps readers pinpoint which type of panic disorder is affecting them and how to alleviate the symptoms and get to the cause of it. In it, readers get:
- Worksheets for self-evaluation, which also make it easier to communicate symptoms to others.
- Calming strategies for dealing with irrational fears and debilitating anxieties.
- Methods for interpreting the past and understanding the present to attain peace and perspective.
- Relaxation techniques to rely on when panic sets in.
- Practical steps to put a stop to the thoughts that make anxiety escalate.
- Natural ways to alleviate the physical symptoms that accompany the emotions, including exercise, rest, nutrition, yoga, and more.
- Guidance for selecting and working with a professional and considering medications.