Understanding Core Beliefs and Their Impact
In This Chapter
- Discovering your hidden assumptions
- Getting to the core of your “self”
- Finding out how believing affects seeing
- Identifying dysfunctional beliefs that cause anxiety
- Resetting your core belief system
A second spouse should be better than his predecessor. A new spouse should be able to step right into the role as parent to her stepchildren.
Imagine the pressure you would put on a remarriage if you automatically expected it to be better than the first, or if you assumed a step-parenting role should be effortless. Odds are this attitude would make it much more likely you’d wind ...