Self-Help for Social Anxiety
In This Chapter
- Discovering the difference between social anxiety and just butterflies
- Understanding the complexity of social anxiety symptoms
- Learning how to recognize you’re not in the spotlight
- Identifying your self-help plan of attack
- How the internet can help—or hinder—social anxiety relief
Jack used to feel self-conscious walking down the street, dreading the possibility of running into someone he knew and being forced to say hello. Nancy hated to stand in line at the grocery store; although she knew it wasn’t actually true, she couldn’t shake the feeling that everyone was staring at her. Every time ...