Getting Professional Help
In This Chapter
- Learning what’s “state-of-the-art” in anxiety treatments
- Discovering what the best anxiety treaters do with their patients
- Considering a “back-ground check” on a prospective clinician
- Knowing when to seek a new treatment angle
- Evaluating the risks and rewards of medication
Taking that first step to get help might be difficult but might end up being one of the best things you can do for yourself. Good for you! Many people who could benefit from professional help don’t get it, for a variety of reasons.
Not only should you bring motivation and openness to your professional’s office, you should ...