MAKE EVERY CONVERSATION A REAL CONVERSATION THAT GETS RESULTS
In Overcoming Fake Talk, business communication guru John R. Stoker offers proven advice for turning challenging confrontations into rewarding exchanges that foster collaboration, improve performance, and achieve results.
"Overcoming Fake Talk is a thorough compendium of ideas, frameworks, examples, and actions to improve conversations. Stoker's four 'REAL' conversation skills and eight principles give the novice and master insights and guidelines for improving conversation." -- Dave Ulrich, Professor, Ross School of Business, University of Michigan; Partner, The RBL Group; and author of The Why of Work
"Great questions, great suggestions. . . . Bravo! I will put Stoker's ideas to use in my own practice." -- Beverly Kaye, founder and co-CEO, Career Systems International, and coauthor of Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go
"Adhering to and implementing these principles will dramatically increase your ability to communicate and improve your relationships in your professional and personal life." -- Hyrum W. Smith, cofounder, FranklinCovey
"An insightful blend of rock-solid theory accompanied by compelling examples of the huge distinction between real and fake communication." -- John H. Zenger, CEO, Zenger Folkman, and coauthor of How to Be Exceptional
"Stoker teaches true principles for getting Results, Respect, and great Relationships using REAL conversation." -- Brent D. Peterson, PhD, coauthor of Fake Work
Table of Contents
- Overcoming Fake Talk: How to Hold Real Conversations That Create Respect, Build Relationships, and Get Results
- Copyright Page
- Introduction: How Do You Begin?
- Chapter 1: What Keeps You Up at Night?
- Chapter 2: Why Can’t You See What’s Happening?
- Chapter 3: What Are REAL Conversations?
- Chapter 4: Do You Ruin Everything by Being You?
- Chapter 5: How Do You Get Out of Your Stinking Thinking?
- Chapter 6: Can You Talk About What Really Matters?
- Chapter 7: Do You Open Your Mouth and Remove All Doubt?
- Chapter 8: How Is the Answer in the Question?
- Chapter 9: Why Ego Off?
- Chapter 10: Progression: How Do You Move Forward?
- About the Author
- Title: Overcoming Fake Talk: How to Hold REAL Conversations that Create Respect, Build Relationships, and Get Results
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071815802