Learn about Nuage Networks VSP and VMware NSX.
About This Video
- Explain the advantages of VMware NSX
- Explain the advantages of Nuage Networks VSP
This course introduces Overlay SDN Solutions, also called Network Virtualization. This technology can make use of VXLAN tunnels to enable the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Concepts, analogies, and practical demonstrations are used in this course to explain how you can use SDN to rapidly deploy networks.
The two main products discussed are:
1) Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform (VSP)
Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform (VSP) provides software-defined networking (SDN) and policy-based automation for cloud deployments. You can use Nuage Networks VSP as a virtual overlay network platform for all your existing virtual and physical server and network resources. This open SDN and SD-WAN platform help you avoid vendor lock-in. It requires no proprietary or purpose-built hardware. And it supports all major virtualization and cloud management platforms, from Docker containers and traditional virtual machines to OpenStack and CloudStack.
2) VMware NSX
VMware NSX is the network virtualization platform for the Software-Defined Data Center. NSX enables the creation of entire networks in software and embeds them in the hypervisor layer, abstracted from the underlying physical hardware. These networks can be provisioned in minutes, without the need to modify the application. NSX provides a complete set of logical networking elements and services including logical switching, routing, firewalling, load balancing, VPN, QoS, and monitoring.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to quickly get up-to-speed with Network Virtualization.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Welcome
- Welcome 00:03:14
- Chapter 2 : Analogous Overlay Networks
- Chapter 3 : Paul and Peter (Server versus Network)
Chapter 4 : Demo - Nuage Networks VSP
- Nuage Networks Topology and Components 00:05:59
- Demo: VSP Visibility - Power on / off 00:06:41
- Demo: Automatic ACLs and Policies Part 1 00:05:33
- Demo: Automatic ACLs and Policies Part 2 00:03:59
- Demo: Nuage GUI and CLI 00:04:40
- Demo: Automatic OpenFlow rules 00:10:07
- Demo: Multiple ESXi Hypervisors 00:04:18
- Demo: VM Locations 00:01:32
- Demo: What happens when the underlay breaks? 00:03:10
- Demo: Layer 2 Domain spanning the DC 00:07:07
- Demo: Dynamic Tunnel creation and teardown 00:04:01
Chapter 5 : VMware NSX
- VMware NSX book and labs 00:02:47
Chapter 6 : Thank You
- Thank you 00:00:38
- Title: Overlay SDN Solutions (Network Virtualization) Introduction
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838555269