“If you want to create your dream job, this is a must read. Filled with inspiring stories, practical tools, and strategies, this is your roadmap.”
—Ellen Latham, Founder and CEO of Orange Theory
Is work WORKING for you?
If you experience the “Sunday night scaries,” count down the days to the weekend, or dread the thought of another day at work, maybe you can only see two options to escape your current misery: quit your job or stay and suffer.
There is another option.
In Own It. Love It. Make It Work., one of America’s top productivity consultants, reveals why you don’t have to rely on your company, nor your boss, for your professional fulfillment. Instead, you can take ownership of your career, your life, and your happiness—right now.
Tate begins with a powerful premise: that “it takes two” to cultivate engagement—that both you and your employer need to have an equal voice in the process. She then outlines five fundamental strategies and tools to make your job work for you, including how to:
- Be recognized and rewarded for your knowledge, skills, and contributions
- Align your job to your strengths so you can focus on what you love to do
- Shape your work in a way that meets both your professional and personal needs and goals
- Build meaningful, impactful relationships so you can advance your career
- Develop new skills and knowledge so you can increase your value and impact
- Design your job to find meaning in your work
Packed with actionable steps and inspiring, results-driven stories from Carson’s consulting work, Own It. Love It. Make It Work. equips you with a complete toolkit for making a living and enjoying your life.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- CHAPTER ONE ESCAPE IS NOT YOUR ONLY OPTION
- CHAPTER TWO USE YOUR FEAR AND EMBRACE YOUR SUPERPOWERS
- STEP ONE OWN IT.
- STEP TWO LOVE IT.
- STEP THREE MAKE IT WORK.
- APPENDIX A ACCELERATION GUIDE
- APPENDIX B ABILITIES OPPORTUNITY MAP
- APPENDIX C GROW YOUR CAREER
- APPENDIX D WORKPLACE DISCRIMINATION RESOURCE GUIDE
- COACHING. WORKSHOPS. CONSULTATIONS.
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- Title: Own It. Love It. Make It Work.: How to Make Any Job Your Dream Job
- Release date: October 2020
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781260469806
You might also like
The Upskilling Imperative: 5 Ways to Make Learning Core to the Way We Work
Make continuous learning part of your company’s DNA—and growth, profits, and sustainability will follow Keeping up …
Lose the Resume, Land the Job
Lose the resume and land that coveted job Gone are the days of polishing up your …
"Does technology actually matter? And how can we apply technology to drive business value? For years, …
Business Express: Effective Communication Skills
If you need to be in the know in no time at all, Business Express will …