Time for action - downloading and installing Notepad++
Now that you're convinced, let's get Notepad++ up and running. If you aren't convinced or want to use some other software to code with, that's fine. Just skip to the next section.
- Navigate your web browser to http://notepad-plus-plus.org. Click on the Download tab on the page.
- Click the link to Download Current Version.
- Click the link that ends with Installer.exe.
- When your download is finished run the file and you'll see this screen pop up:
- Click Next to get the installation started and accept the terms. You'll be prompted again about where you want to install.
- Again, the default directory is just ...