SERVICES TO A DISABLED CHILD are generally handled by a team. This usually includes educational professionals, such as the director of special education for the local school district, the speech therapist, vision specialist, recreation/vocational therapist, autism or behavior therapist, teacher(s), and parents or guardians. Depending on where you live and what other services your child receives, the team might also include a county case manager and other providers of service to your child.

The team creates an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Individual Service Plan (ISP). These plans contain goals and the services needed to reach those goals. Many goals are based on testing done by the various ...

Get Parenting Your Complex Child now with O’Reilly online learning.

O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.