Time for action—creating a PDI repository
To create a repository, follow these steps:
- Open MySQL Command Line Client.
- In the command window, type the following:
CREATE DATABASE PDI_REPO;
- Open Spoon.
- If the repository dialog appears, skip to step 6.
- Open the repository dialog from the Repository | Connect to repository menu.
- Click on New to create a new repository. The repository information dialog shows up. Click on New to create a new database connection.
- The database connection window appears. Define a connection to the database you have just created and give a name to the connection—
PDI_REPO_CONNin this case.
If you want to refer to the steps on creating the database connection, check out Time for action - creating a connection to the Steel Wheels ...